Thursday, August 11, 2011

landed

This is just a quick update to say I (Emy) have landed in Abu Dhabi (been here a week now actually....), and in between overcoming jet lag and exploring the city, I've found it really difficult to motivate myself to do anything blog-related! But it's coming - oh yes, the thoughts and stories abound. Not to mention we've already been assigned our housing (WHAT?! Near the Abu Dhabi city center in a BRAND NEW building...two bedrooms...we get to choose all the furniture and appliances...pinch me) and are supposedly getting a tour of the place next week (we can't move in until our residency visas have been fully processed). Meanwhile, I'm stuck in five-star luxury at the Yas Hotel (I know, life is so hard) while Andy wraps things up in the States before heading over in a month (ok, so it IS hard missing him!).

Here's a peek of the view from my balcony at the Yas:

The marina, plus a curve in the famous F1 racetrack, which runs around (and under!) the hotel.

The internet connection at the hotel is reallllly slow, so I think I may spend some time sizing photos before I share anything else. You know, in between lounging at the pool and going to Ferrari World ;)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to keep track of you. My what adventures. I can't wait to hear more as the connection to the internet improves for you! Take care, Charlene

    ReplyDelete